If you’re starting a website and require short-term hosting to get a lower traffic site, FatCow is an attractive choice. They provide restricted hosting programs to get affordable – at least till you want to renew. Consequently, if you’re starting a brand new job and are not prepared to invest at a more significant end server, FatCow is a decent hosting choice.
FatCow uses unusual advertising and marketing techniques linked to its name. The promotion is based on cattle and other farm animals. It advertises itself as a fun-loving hosting firm that is highly user-friendly, even when you’re a newcomer.
FatCow is 100% powered only by organic wind energy. Every time you purchase a plan, you help reduce the number of carbon emissions going into the atmosphere. Let’s dig into the specifics of FatCow so that you can determine if it’s an excellent hosting choice for you.
What is FatCow?
FatCow is an internet hosting manufacturer possessed by Endurance International. They supply a complete range of hosting providers out of shared hosting into VPS servers into premium branding domains. FatCow is a hosting and internet services firm. FatCow has existed for quite some time. They began in 1998 and operated out Burlington, MA — at maybe the same datacenter because of their sister manufacturer iPage.
FatCow has made its name with a particular focus on novice and DIY website owners and all enjoyable, friendly new — both of them
Like many shared hosting firms, FatCow additionally provides email, a site builder, and various complementary solutions to web hosting using 24-hour support along with also a 30-day money-back guarantee. FatCow is an Endurance International Brand providing affordable web hosting providers. The exceptional “Fat Cow” motif hides full-service hosting support for personal and company sites alike.
FatCow is popularly well known for its cheap hosting plans packed with features. Their shared and WordPress plans include a free domain name, site builder, and infinite disk space. FatCow is among the best budget web hosts you’ll discover. They provide excellent hosting features and host functionality for a minimal price. If you’re hunting for a cheap, dependable web host, FatCow must be on the top of your listing.
Why should you prefer FatCow?
When FatCow was set up, they aimed to supply an enjoyable and friendly hosting choice to creatives and small business owners with a dedication to outstanding service and reliable products. FatCow is a classic and hosting company. They’re possessed by Endurance International, which will be among the most significant web services companies online.
FatCow has been in business since 1998 and is located in Burlington, Massachusetts. FatCow is untrue. They are not a fly-by-night hosting firm. FatCow is used to host sites and internet applications. They have a specific advertising focus on cheap websites and supplying free site applications bundled with hosting. They offer you a complete suite of site products which range from domain names to hosting to email to web design.
There are many FatCow reviews online — typically using user-generated testimonials based on anecdotes and personal expertise. That is fine, but I take a different approach, considering both the server’s benefits and pitfalls. If you’re starting a website and require short-term hosting to get a lower traffic site, FatCow is an attractive choice. They provide restricted hosting programs to get affordable – at least till you want to renew.
Consequently, if you’re starting a brand new job and are not prepared to invest at a more significant end server, FatCow is a decent hosting choice.
Features of FatCow
FatCow hosting plans have a variety of attributes. In case you want more detail about what features you get when you sign up for hosting with FatCow, your strategy will include the next:
- 100% powered by wind power.
- A free domain name.
- Unlimited email boxes.
- Free shifting of domain names and free migration of websites from different hosts to FatCow.
- Handle unlimited domains.
- Automated renewal of domain names.
- Easy-to-use blog builders.
- VDeck is your control panel. It is user-friendly with many features for managing sites, scripts, emails, domain names, documents, and databases.
- Made to operate without needing advanced technical abilities.
- Accessible supports for Drupal, WordPress, phpBB, Joomla, and tons of other people with a few simple clicks of your mouse.
- All websites are hosted on Linux servers on Apache-powered server farms.
- 24/7/365 service by live chat, email, and telephone.
- Bonus Adwords Voucher! Get traffic to your website instantly by utilizing the $100 Adwords voucher.
- Facebook Advertising Credit — Harness societal traffic. You may begin with a $50 Facebook ad charge.
- Free Yellow Pages Listing: Get your website listed on YP.com, a directory for those searching for neighborhood services.
- WordPress Blogging: Utilize the best blogging system to print your site.
- Unlimited Disk Space, Transport, and Bandwidth
- Infinite Domains and MySQL Databases
- Internet Hosting Control Panel
- 24/7 Network Monitoring
- Visitor Statistics/Site Traffic Reporting
- Free Cloud Storage Account
- Unlimited Email Addresses in Your Domain Name
- CMSs (Joomla, Drupal, WordPress)
- Website, Forum, and Photo Gallery Installs
- POP3/IMAP Mail Accounts
- NetApp Snapshot Data Backups
- Double OC-48 Connections on Diverse Backbones
- High-Performance Load Balanced Servers
- FTP Supervisor
- accessibility to Online Marketing Guides
- $100 Google AdWords Give
- $50 Charge for Yahoo!/Bing Sponsored Lookup
- $50 Charge for Facebook Advertising
- Free Yellowpages.com List
- Free Toll-Free Phone Number (US Only)
- Free Online Store
- Selection of Shopping Cart
- PayPal Integration
- ShopSite Shopping Cart
- Starter osCommerce Shopping Cart
- AgoraCart Shopping Cart
- Shared SSL
1. Virtual Private Servers
If you’d like a dedicated server with no cost, then a VPS program could be acceptable for you. You’ll have root access in addition to access to the control panel. You have a lot more space to develop with this sort of plan. There are loads of helpful features like a personalized email address, infinite domain names and sub-domains, autoresponders, spam protection, and many more.
VPS hosting is an excellent way to receive a particular allocation of server resources without renting an entire server. Though your site lives on precisely the same host as other websites, you have complete control over a fixed quantity of resources.
2. Dedicated Hosting
If you operate a flourishing company and require a dedicated host, this is the strategy for you. It is perfect for e-commerce websites that may revamp a shared system immediately. You may either run your website yourself or have it handled by a specialist in FatCow.
You’ve got extensive safety, optimum performance, faster rates (valid for websites with significant levels of visitors), plus a whole lot more. It’s a 5 TB bandwidth. Dedicated Hosting is where you essentially lease an entire dedicated server. It is the ideal way to get maximum control and functionality. FatCow has a variety of competitive, committed hosting products.
3. WordPress Hosting
If you’d like a WordPress website, you will find two strategies you can pick from. You’ve got a selection of topics, and there’ll be some pre-installed plug-ins too. There is a customized control panel with improved safety and complete service for all your requirements.
Though WordPress can operate on shared hosting, many hosting firms have WordPress hosting programs because of client requirements and the hardware requirements of WordPress. Many hosting companies provide “WordPress hosting” that’s *exactly* the same as their shared hosting programs.
4. Reseller Hosting
Recurring income is quite convenient because if individuals are fulfilled, they will keep paying every year. You receive wholesale prices to market programs for your clientele and revel in getting passive income every year.
5. Daily Server Backups
FatCow does provide daily copies of each program. However, they control to restore those copies. That is pretty standard with most budget plans, but it’s an essential factor to remember if you’re relying on these copies.
If you would like to handle your copies yourself, you may add Backup and Restore to shield your site. These plans begin at $1.14 per month. With this program, you can restore your website to your last backup at any moment. Remember, if you have made upgrades as your previous backup, you may lose that job.
6. Uptime Guarantee Kept
FatCow doesn’t provide any uptime guarantee so that they do not publish such data. That does not mean you cannot maintain uptime records. I’ve done so, and below are the results.
Fatcow is among many hosting companies that could boast nearly 100% uptime (we quantified 99.9percent more than a 30-day interval). Even though there’s absolutely no ideal solution for hosting (even the websites of giants such as Amazon return from time to time), mainly when so many factors are introduced, it is possible to anticipate high uptime and responsiveness.
My sites load fast, quickly enough to find that there has to be a serious thought put into optimizing server rates. You need to serve all your customers and customers with reasonably consistent support throughout the board.
7. Simple File Manager
It is not always feasible to link to a site via FTP, e.g. if you’re working on a computer that does not have an FTP client installed (such as FileZilla). In instances in this way is the built-in file manager is convenient. It is nothing fancy, but it does the job. You may rename, delete, refresh and upload folders and files, or alter permissions.
8. MySQL for Database Driven Websites
If you utilize SimpleScripts installer to set up your WordPress Site or the numerous open-source programs in the marketplace, you will rarely need to mess with MySQL. However, if you’re a power user or wish to set something up that is unavailable within SimpleScripts and do not have a car installer, you’ll need to take care of MySQL.
9. Database Management Interface
You’ve got an overview page for all your databases. You can select from these and visit the MySQL interface. It is not that intuitive and extends beyond this inspection scope, but you ought to know that each one of the shared hosting firms provides MySQL for database administration. It is not a FatCow problem.
10. Building a Site
The only termed WebsiteBuilder, the Site Builder I used to construct my test site for this particular review, is comprised. There are many attractive templates for customizing your website, and therefore you don’t need to search elsewhere to groom your internet presence.
WebsiteBuilder allows me to be crucial to my site’s title, then use The HTML5-powered builder to drag and drop page components, such as images and text. It’s user-friendly, also. You don’t need to use Website Builder. You can also leverage the above WordPress, in Addition to Weebly, FileManager, or even FTP.
11. E-Commerce and Safety
FatCow has several e-commerce Alternatives that you Sell products online, such as Ecwid Online Store, Mojo Marketplace, and ShopSite Starter. The backend Control Panel comprises business listings for search engine optimization (search engine optimization ) and email marketing solutions, also.
If you are looking to market goods, you’ll want Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protection to protect payment transmissions. FatCow has partnered with Comodo to market SSL certificates, beginning at $35.99 each year. The vanilla version provides you safety over several subdomains, a $10,000 guarantee, protected customer info, along a Seal of Trust emblem. The top-tier E-Commerce Protection program (beginning at $269 per year) carries a $1,750,000 guarantee plus a green”trust” visual pub.
12. Ultimate Uptime
Website uptime is among the essential aspects of Hosting support. Though your website is down, customers or clients will not be able to locate you or get your merchandise or services–and they may not return. If a website has poor uptime, it will not have a fantastic score at a PCMag inspection; however, different significant facets might be.
With this testing, I still utilize a website-monitoring instrument to monitor My test websites’ uptime. Every 15 minutes, the instrument pings every site. When it’s not able to contact the website for more than one moment, it sends me an email address. I look at the information to your most-recent fourteen days for every hosting sevice I examine.
In my Most Recent round of evaluations, FatCow proved impressively Stable. In reality, my site did not return one moment. Provided that it retains on this program, you can depend on it to give a rock-solid hosting experience.
13. Cool Client Services
FatCow has both Internet chat and 24/7 phone customer support. When I asked for the definition of hosting through internet conversation, a FatCow client support rep jumped into the conversation at under a moment. I also gave the 24/7 phone support a telephone with the identical question. The rep gave me a decent response.
I’m incredibly delighted with FatCow’s aid group. It’s easily among the most significant customer support groups I have encountered in the internet hosting space. The website also includes a knowledge database to research. FatCow has a decent 30-day money-back warranty, but DreamHost bests it using an astonishing 97-day money-back guarantee.
14. A Worthy Web Hosting Service
FatCow has many appealing attributes, though it just misses Promising the Editors’ Choice crown at the shared and WordPress categories. However, anyone wanting to Construct a site ought to give it a look, as this Internet Host has excellent uptime, well-rounded programs, and superb customer services.
Pros and Cons of FatCow
- FatCow includes plenty of characteristics that are helpful for retail websites.
- You’ll have oodles or infinite domain names, sub-domains, bandwidth, and storage.
- Over $250 value of marketing credits.
- Simple to use, as a result of this free site builder that is easy to comprehend, even for novices.
- Accessibility to purchasing tools if you would like to market online. Programs include shopping carts, catalogs together with coupon and sales options, integration of PayPal, and you may take credit card sales online.
- Possessing a customized email address. It provides you with a more professional image and lets you check your mails from anywhere.
- FatCow is among the best hosting companies, and it’s less downtime compared to many of its rivals.
- Get a website in minutes using the beginner-friendly website builder
- Easy control panel gets you up and running quickly
- Low introductory rates
- A broad selection of hosting kinds
- Powerful uptime
- Outstanding customer support
- It frequently takes a very long time to make it through to live chat.
- Prices might be cheap; however, you lose out at the rate and operation of your website.
- Following your first hosting year, there’ll be a massive price increase on your hosting plan.
- Windows hosting is not supported.
- The committed program only has one strategy, so there is no flexibility if you’d like a semi-dedicated program.
- No more supplying “green” hosting
- No Windows hosting
- No Windows-based servers
Pricing for FatCow
FatCow has one, Linux-based shared hosting plan which begins at a wallet-friendly $5.00 a month. We enjoy the choice of paying by the month, particularly for the more affordable plans. Nevertheless, it is possible to drive the purchase price down to $4.08 per month if you register for three years ahead. With FatCow’s program, you receive an unlimited email, unlimited disk space, and “heaps of bandwidth.”
Technically, FatCow does not state that it provides unlimited monthly data transports, but the site says that its”structure was constructed to encourage more than 99.5 percent” of the clients’ needs.” The program also has a free domain, which is trivial in this area.
- Cost (12-mo) – $4.08 / month
- Cost (24-mo)- $4.08 / month
- Site – https://www.fatcow.com
- Special Discount Lowest Monthly Cost Guarantee Promo Link
FatCow is probably past its prime. Previously, it turned out to be a good service using a lot to offer its clients but is now gone. I used to delight in this particular host, but it is time to place this cow out to pasture. Proceed with one of those other hosts handled by precisely the same business. You are going to find specifically the same dependable service for less cash. Incidentally, Web hosting agency FatCow is secure in our testing and contains top-notch support. It is especially great at shared hosting and WordPress hosting.